Thursday, November 4, 2010

I made a purse!

My sister gave me a top for my birthday a couple months ago. I loved the fabric of the shirt but it just didn't look right on me so I stuck it in my fabric drawer and forgot about it. Yesterday I decided I needed a new purse and I thought "Hey I should try and MAKE one!". So I scavenged through my fabric stash to find a cute print. I rediscovered the shirt and knew it was perfect! I really wish I had taken a picture of the shirt before I cut it up but it had these cute buttons down the middle that I thought would make for a unique purse front. It actually came out pretty good! A few people might even be getting purses this Christmas :)
Let me know what you think!

The front

The back

See the little blue buttons? That was the middle front of the shirt originally.

A cream colored lining

The print up close

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful, Cassie. You never cease to amaze me. Wow that creativity gene went wild!!! I love that purse.....and I love you guys too!!! xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete