Friday, September 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups


Reese's are my all time favorite candy, so when I saw this recipe here for homemade peanut butter cups I knew I had to give it a try and of course modify the recipe to make it my own. These turned out so delicious, that I forgot to get a picture of the final product before I realized that they had all disappeared somewhere ;) I might even go so far as to say they are BETTER than Reese's, but you be the judge... they're super easy to make!

Peanut Butter Cups

1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
4 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
powdered sugar
mini cupcake liners and mini muffin tin 

Melt the chocolate chips with 4 tbsp. of peanut butter in the microwave. Be sure to stir it a few times or the chocolate will burn and get grainy. Add half of your chocolate to a pastry bag with a piping tip on it (if you're fancy), or just use a ziploc bag with a corner snipped off (like I did!) and pipe the chocolate into the mini liners. Be sure just to put enough to coat the bottom, this is the first layer of your "cup". Put the muffin tin in the fridge so the chocolate can harden up. Meanwhile mix the 3/4 cup of peanut butter with the vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar until you start to get a dough like texture. I didn't measure out the powdered sugar, just mixed and tasted until it was sweet enough for me. Roll a small amount of dough into a ball and softly push into the center of your hardened chocolate on the first layer. Don't let the dough get all the way to the edges though or else it'll be poking out of the peanut butter cup at the end. Then add the rest of your chocolate on top of the peanut butter dough. This is the last layer. Place your whole muffin tin in the fridge until the cups are firm. Peel back the cupcake liner and forget about any diet you were on as you consume :)  

These are your ingredients, minus the vanilla (I'm still out!).



First layer of chocolate.


The peanut butter "dough".


Roll the dough into small balls and press into the first layer.

Cover with the remaining chocolate and then refrigerate until firm! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cassie,

    Yes, I'm here again!!! I love the pictures of the boys....Henry looks so sweet and chunky. Love the picture of Peyton helping in the kitchen...Once we are done with our cookies, I'm going to try to make the "Reeses". Can't wait--thanks for the detailed instructions....I have a couple of recipes for you too which I think you'll like. Please give the boys a big hug and kiss from Mimi--I really appreciate being kept up to date. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete