Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies....EVER!!

Ok, I know the title of this post has a lot to live up to, but really, after making these cookies you'll never ever use another recipe for chocolate chip cookies again. They're THAT good! And not only do they taste amazing, they look so perfect and scrumptious......


 I was searching online for the perfect recipe because Matt said he wanted me to bake him some chocolate chip cookies. I had a few recipes in my cookbooks that I always use, but I was in the mood for something different. I ended up finding this awesome recipe here and I only changed a couple things to make it exactly how I wanted it. Here's my adapted recipe-

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

1 cup butter (2 Sticks)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups ground oatmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used the Ghirardelli chips)
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor first grind your oatmeal until it's a mealy texture. Set that aside and then put about a quarter of your bag of chocolate chips in the food processor. Pulse these a few times and then set aside. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and white and brown sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Then add the ground oatmeal. Combine your wet and dry ingredients until mixed and then add  the ground up chocolate chips, the rest of the bag of whole chocolate chips and the chopped nuts. Mix everything together. Then get heaping teaspoonfuls of the dough and form into balls. Place onto greased cookie sheets (or a Pampered Chef stone *that's what I used*), and bake for 9-12 mins or until the cookies get slightly brown on top. Immediately transfer the cookies to a wire rack or parchment paper to cool. Then enjoy your perfect cookies!

Here are your ingredients!

Grind up your oatmeal and some of the chips. I also put my walnuts in the food processor just so that I wouldn't have to chop them by hand.

Cream together the sugars and butter, then add the vanilla and eggs.

In a separate bowl, mix up your dry ingredients.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then add all the goodies (chocolate and nuts!).

Bake and consume! Yum-o!

Peyton thought they were pretty delicious too :)






 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cassie,

    Dylan was begging for cookies, so we are going to try this out. I'll let you know how it works out. Loved cutie pie with the cha-cha-chocolate face!!! :)xxxooo

    MOM

    ReplyDelete